SAAOL (Science and Art of Living)
The Science And Art Of Living (SAAOL) was established in 1995 and is the most comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation and reversal program in India.
Purpose: to change the complete lifestyle and reduce the risk of heart disease through diet modification, stress management, exercise, yoga, meditation, education, and counseling. Our primary goal is to foster independence: enabling individuals to self-monitor their activities and to take primary responsibility for healthier lifestyle behaviors and risk factor reduction.
Concept Of Saaol
Five steps to Reverse Heart Disease:
Heart disease is a result of wrong lifestyle and health illiteracy. Dr.Chhajer suggests five steps to “Prevent and Reverse” heart disease. These are:
1. Medical knowledge: people must understand what is heart disease and how it develops over the years. They must know that heart disease develops due to increased accumulation of fats inside the heart arteries and after a certain stage it causes Angina and ultimately a heart attack. They must identify the causes of heart disease, identify the stage of blocks in advance and know the practical steps to prevent and reverse heart disease. Dr. Chhajer’sDVds can be downloaded from You tube for this purpose.
2. Diet: “Zero oil cooking” is the unique invention of Dr. Chhajer. Food should be cooked without any oil but they should be tasty. Avoid all animal foods if you want reversal or minimize it (if you want to only prevent heart disease). Fruits and Vegetables should be part of every meal. High fat nuts and dry fruits should be avoided. Those who are obese must avoid cereals and take more salads and vegetables to lose weight. Alcohol is best avoided.
3. Walking: A daily walk of 35 minutes is very important to present and fight heart disease. The pace of the walk should be according to your condition but it should not lead to breathlessness or chest pain. The pace will gradually increase within months of regular walk.
4. Stress Management: Stress is a greatest cause of heart disease as it leads to high blood pressure, smoking/tobacco consumption, diabetes and increment of Cholesterol and Triglycerides. Understanding stress, production of stress, release of stress, management of stress are something all should be trained. Stress cannot be reduced to “Zero” but should be limited to 50%.
5. Yoga: These are specific low grade postures and movements which are best suited for increasing relaxation of the body and increase flexibility. Saaol suggests 30 minutes Yoga based Exercises, Asanas or postures, breathing exercises (Pranayama) and Meditation to take care of the heart.
1. DELHI (HEAD OFFICE)
2. BRANCH OFFICE IN DELHI
16. DHAKA (BANGLADESH)
24. KATHMANDU (NEPAL)